Between each set, 100 abs.
1. Prisoner squats (PSq) and squat jumps (SqJ)
100 crunches (Cr)
2. Pushups (PU) and alternating toe touches from plank position (Plank+TT)
100 bicycles (bicy)
3. Bench jumps (BenchJ) and lunges onto bench (lng+bench)
100 flutter kicks (fltrkx)
4. Swimmers (Swmr) and mountain climbers (mtnC)
100 alternating oblique crunches (OblCr)
5. Burpees (BP) and fast 3/4 squats (3/4Sq)
- Plank with toe touches - begin in push-up position, fully extending your arms to lift your body off the floor. Elbows and knees should be straight, body elongated, with your weight resting only on your palms and the balls of your feet. Keep your abs tight. Lift your right leg, cross under your left leg and touch the toes of your right foot to the ground, then slowly with control return it to starting position. Don’t let your lower back sag when your leg crosses. Repeat on opposite side; continue alternating sides.
- Swimmers (Swmr) - lie on stomach, arms above head; lift arms and legs off the ground, move arms out to the side and down toward hips/back, squeeze shoulder blades together, keep head up (like a modified breast stroke), return to starting position
- Flutter kicks (Fltrkx) - lie on back, hands under hips for support; raise shoulders off the ground, lift legs and flutter kick legs as you would do when swimming freestyle stroke DEMO
- Mountain climber (MtnC) - From basic pushup position, bring one knee toward your chest and back, alternate legs as rapidly as possible DEMO
- Oblique crunch (OblCr) - Lying on side, raise upper and lower body simultaneously then return to starting position. Do not let feet touch ground once you start.
- Burpee (BP) - Begin in squat position, hands on floor in front, kick feet back to pushup position, immediately return your feet to a squat position, leap up as high as possible from squat position DEMO